Try out Gabi’s amazing recipe this month, to surprise and delight your halloween party guest!
(gluten-free, low in sugar)
Makes 20 large soft cookies
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup xylitol
1/2 cup coconut oil (soft/ room temp but not melted)
200g steamed and mashed pumpkin
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
13/4 cup gluten free flour mix, sifted
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of rock salt
1 heaped tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine brown sugar, xylitol, coconut oil, pumpkin pureé, egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl add flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, rock salt and spices. Mix to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until just combined.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop balls of mixture and place onto lined baking tray. Keep a generous amount of space between the cookies as they will spread (you will probably need to do two batches or use two trays).
- Wet your fingers and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm or cold, as is or with a cream cheese frosting!